[drats_users] D-RATS 0.3.0b5

Dan Smith
Wed Apr 29 06:44:12 PDT 2009

> Confirmed, however in the Chat window, just below the Main Tab (near
> the bottom of the screen), some callsigns appear to be persisting in
> the drop down list when they don't appear in the main Stations list.
> Eg: I have exited / restarted D-RATS a few times and as well as
> seeing CQCQCQ (expected), I'm seeing KK7DS and KE7FTE appear in the
> drop down list, despite not having seen them for several days on the
> ratflector and not replying to any ping requests.  However I don't
> see Nate's callsign and a couple of other callsigns in that drop
> down list that have recently been active.

Hehe, yeah.  That box doesn't do anything yet, and it's just populated
with a could of callsigns to make it pop open.  I really need to
figure out what I'm going to do that with or hide it for now.

>> - Add "request position" to stations context menu
>
> Confirmed.  Quite a useful feature :) Although I was surprised that
> the received response didn't appear in the Chat screen.

This was in 0.2, you know, but just buried deep in a dark place :)

I've moved to having all the position reports go into the event log
because:

1. It seems cleaner
2. You can filter and search them easily
3. I'll have a context menu later that lets you right click to show on
   the map, re-broadcast, etc

If you think it's important, I can add an option to also show it in
chat, like 0.2, but that always seemed to get cluttered quickly when
someone was talking on a 2820 :)

> BTW, does the Online / Unattended status only get transmitted (by a
> remote station) when they receive a ping request?

That, or when they actually go online or offline if they have the
option set to send an online notification.  Before, it used to just
broadcast that sign-on message as chat.  Now it does it as a status
offering, with "Online" as the status.  Similar for sign-off, which
should make them turn grey in your list.