[drats_users] Failed to connect (after it was working)

Dan Smith
Sat Apr 25 07:39:37 PDT 2009

> I didn't close and open, I just changed preferences.

What I meant was, after you changed the preferences, you got the error
about not being able to open the port.  After that, I'm assuming you
closed and re-started D-RATS, right?  After that, was it able to open
the port or did it still fail?

> Why does it appear that D-RATS is attempting to open the GPS port
> when I don't have one configured?  Do I need to make sure it's
> pointing to an invalid port?

It won't try to open it if you don't have the external GPS enabled.
What makes you think it is?

>From your log:

> GPS: False on @4800

The "False" means that the check box in the preferences to enable the
GPS is not checked, and thus it's not trying to open any port or do
anything with an external GPS.