[drats_users] unknown crash

Dan Smith
Thu Apr 16 12:46:30 PDT 2009

> Do you see anything that would lead you to any ideas as to why a
> long-running copy would have died here?

Unfortunately, there are a number of issues with GTK on windows
relating to threads.  They're all things that shouldn't be fatal,
given the appropriate amount of care, but that are subtle enough to be
really hard to find.

The long-term stability of D-RATS on Windows varies from time to time,
which is something I'm very unhappy about and spend a lot of time
trying to get correct.  Being a cross-platform app, things like this
are somewhat inevitable as part of the process.  Not that it's an
excuse, but just one of those things.  I know surprisingly little
about the Windows environment, which increases the difficulty level.

> C:\Program Files\D-RATS-Beta\library.zip\d_rats\mainapp.py:633: GtkWarning: gtk_list_store_get_value: assertion `VALID_ITER (iter, list_store)' failed
> Received block 0:0 for session `chat'
> C:\Program Files\D-RATS-Beta\library.zip\d_rats\mainapp.py:633: Warning: g_object_set_property: assertion `G_IS_VALUE (value)' failed
> Got chat frame: DDT2+: 0:1:0 CQCQCQ->CQCQCQ (...[0])
> Received block 0:0 for session `chat'
> C:\Program Files\D-RATS-Beta\library.zip\d_rats\mainapp.py:633: Warning: g_value_unset: assertion `G_IS_VALUE (value)' failed
> C:\Program Files\D-RATS-Beta\library.zip\d_rats\ui\main_events.py:224: GtkWarning: gtk_tree_model_filter_get_value: assertion `GTK_TREE_MODEL_FILTER (model)->priv->stamp == iter->stamp' failed

These warnings aren't normal and may very well be related to the
issue, especially given that they're at the end of the log.  They're
also not very helpful because they're C warnings from a level below
us.  I'll take a look later today to see if I can think of any thing
related to them.

Approximately how long had it been running?  I assume the sniffer was
not enabled, correct?