[drats_users] report from Colorado D-STAR Tuesday night Net of D-RATS Beta

Dan Smith
Tue Apr 14 21:02:48 PDT 2009

> 0.3.0b1 worked great for us tonight here in Colorado.

Excellent!

> - Old file transfer status was easier to read than watching the
> Event Log.

The transfer status is echoed in the status bar at the bottom of the
screen, right?  I don't actually go to the event log to watch the
status of individual transfers any more.

What would you prefer?  A box that pops up?  I suppose I could make
that an option: whether or not you get a box or transfers just happen
in the background.

> - Didn't see any indication of number of retries anymore.

Did you get retries?  I might have left that out of the new status
format line, I'll have to check.

> - Ping to other stations doesn't show their version number anymore.

It does unless they've overridden it in their settings.  Since people
seem so keen on changing that, I've thought of having a separate
"check remote version" command.  I can integrate this into the
right-click menu for the stations side-bar.

Thanks a lot for the report, Nate.  Any of the above that you feel
strongly about would be appreciated as tracker items :)

Thanks also for the suggestion of the "restore defaults" button.
That's a good call and could probably be useful in more bits of the
config than just the tuning part.