[drats_users] D-RATS 0.3.0b1 (!)

Nate Duehr
Mon Apr 13 20:20:24 PDT 2009

On Apr 13, 2009, at 6:39 PM, Dan Smith wrote:

> Does anyone else have a comment about how to improve this?

Usually when I see complaints about mailing list traffic, on the lists
I've run -- the reason is not because the list is really too busy.
It's usually because the person is attempting to handle list traffic
in "real time" in their inbox.

That never works with mailing lists of any level of traffic... from
the mild level of the D-RATS list, to lists that handle hundreds of
messages a week.

I only read or see D-RATS (or any other list mail) when *I* choose.
Otherwise, it sits patiently in a folder, awaiting attention.  I can
prioritize as needed.  It doesn't *ever* belong in my inbox.

This is relatively easy to set up in any mail client.  If Arnold would
like assistance, I'm sure we can help.  But that's going to quickly go
off-topic, so we should take it to private mail.

--
Nate Duehr, WY0X
nate at natetech.com