[drats_users] D-RATS 0.3.0b1 (!)

David Tilson
Mon Apr 13 19:46:38 PDT 2009

Dan said:

> I'm not the boss on this.  The mailing list is for me to
> communicate things out to a wider audience and provide a
> place for discussion among users.  This is precisely why I
> asked for input weeks ago on copying the list on tracker
> updates -- I got nothing but votes for the positive.  I'd
> really prefer not to change the nature of drats_users, but
> I'm happy to create ancillary lists as necessary.
>
> Does anyone else have a comment about how to improve this?

Just a thought here, but every email that is coming through Trac, or
related to a Trac entry has the text "[D-RATS] #" in the Subject line.
If a member of the list doesn't want to see these messages, or the
related discussion, then they could set up a Rule in their email client
to delete these specific messages.  That way they would still see the
normal chat and announcements associated with this mailing list, but
would obviously miss out on quite a bit of the discussion in between
announcements.

I use Rules for all of the mailing lists I subscribe to, so that they
emails are placed into relevant folders, or specific actions
automatically taken when required.

I'd personally rather not see another list created, when the mail volume
is not that high, as there would more than likely be double-ups of
information.

Cheers,

Davidt, VK3UR