[drats_users] Slow Speed Data over reflectors

Dennis Rogers
Sun Sep 28 08:53:14 PDT 2008

This is the only way it will work over slow-speed DD mode. Evans and I have
proven this and verified from
Dan Smith in an email. You are also going to have to play around with the
last three parameters at the
bottom of the DATA display in D-Rats v0.2.7b2. You will need other stations
to run the same version.

Dennis

On Fri, Sep 26, 2008 at 2:42 PM, Les Rayburn <les at highnoonfilm.com> wrote:

>  I'd like to test the ability to use slow speed data over the reflectors
> in a tightly controlled "Directed" type EMCOMM net. By that, I mean, a net
> control station that would strictly enforce net discipline, and could signal
> the net on voice to stand by for a slow speed data transmission from station
> "A".
>
> I suspect that in that situation, using D-RATS slow speed data over the
> reflectors would improve performance quite a bit. Anyone want to give this a
> try next week to see how it goes?
>
> 73,
>
> Les Rayburn, N1LF
> ARES Alabama Section Emergency Coordinator
> NCS-SHARES NCS-047

Regards,

       Dennis, N5VRP
       n5vrp.satx at gmail.com

Dstar User / Gateway Admin / D-PRS Provider
ARRL Member
Cactus-Intertie Member
AMSAT Member, President's Club

73's from SATX, EL09rk