[drats_users] Slow Speed Data over reflectors

Nate Duehr
Fri Sep 26 12:46:37 PDT 2008

Les Rayburn wrote:
> I'd like to test the ability to use slow speed data over the reflectors
> in a tightly controlled "Directed" type EMCOMM net. By that, I mean, a
> net control station that would strictly enforce net discipline, and
> could signal the net on voice to stand by for a slow speed data
> transmission from station "A".
>
> I suspect that in that situation, using D-RATS slow speed data over the
> reflectors would improve performance quite a bit. Anyone want to give
> this a try next week to see how it goes?

If our Gateway (W0CDS) is back up by then, I'd play.

No news on the Gateway "repair" trip from the guys that have access to
the mountaintop we just moved to.  (Re-install of a router.)

(So far, the coverage is EXCELLENT though... we've had people roughly 60
miles out on HT's using the system easily on LOW power.  Wheeee!  I love
mountains!)

We have some folks here getting mentally "geared up" to play with D-RATS
again also.  I've been talking up the new features locally, and people
are interested...

Nate WY0X