[drats_users] Using Repeater Proxy

Dan Smith
Sat Sep 13 19:33:12 PDT 2008

> I need information on using the repeater proxy. Dale, KB5NFT tried to
> explain how to set it up, but I missed something. I go to settings in
> Repeater Proxy and add "net:vk4tux.no-ip.org:9000". I am supposed to
> click on the ON button and I should see traffic on the monitor tab,
> which I don't. This is suppose to allow me to use D-Rats on the Internet
> without a radio. VK4TUX set this up. What else needs to be done to make
> this work?

You only need the repeater program if you want to be a hub.  If you just
want to connect to VK4TUX's system, then just open D-RATS itself.  In
the COM port box, instead of a serial port, put
"net:vk4ux.no-ip.org:9000" and save the settings.  Instead of being
connected to a radio via serial port, you'll be connected to his proxy
(and maybe his radio too).