[drats_users] Using Repeater Proxy

Dennis Rogers
Sun Sep 14 01:05:00 PDT 2008

Dan,

      I just wanted to take the time to Thank You for connecting to the
Dstar Wx Net for Hurricane IKE.
Also, I believe everyone and myself definitely learned a great deal about
how D-Rats works.

Dennis

On Sat, Sep 13, 2008 at 9:33 PM, Dan Smith <dsmith at danplanet.com> wrote:

> > I need information on using the repeater proxy. Dale, KB5NFT tried to
> > explain how to set it up, but I missed something. I go to settings in
> > Repeater Proxy and add "net:vk4tux.no-ip.org:9000". I am supposed to
> > click on the ON button and I should see traffic on the monitor tab,
> > which I don't. This is suppose to allow me to use D-Rats on the Internet
> > without a radio. VK4TUX set this up. What else needs to be done to make
> > this work?
>
> You only need the repeater program if you want to be a hub.  If you just
> want to connect to VK4TUX's system, then just open D-RATS itself.  In
> the COM port box, instead of a serial port, put
> "net:vk4ux.no-ip.org:9000" and save the settings.  Instead of being
> connected to a radio via serial port, you'll be connected to his proxy
> (and maybe his radio too).
>
> --
> Dan Smith
> dsmith#danplanet.com, s/#/@/
> www.danplanet.com
> KK7DS

Regards,

Dennis, N5VRP
n5vrp.satx at gmail.com

Dstar User / Gateway Admin / D-PRS Provider
ARRL Member
Cactus-Intertie Member
AMSAT Member, President's Club

73's from SATX, EL09rk