[drats_users] D-RATS Mapping

David Tilson
Thu Sep 11 03:49:19 PDT 2008

G'day Dan,

I think I asked you this about 6 months ago when we first started
playing with the mapping features and the answer at the time was that
you were working on it :)

Do maps pulled down from openstreetmap.org, through the D-RATS mapping
function, get stored in a specific directory and can they simply be
copied from one computer to another?

We are demonstrating D-STAR at a hamfest this Sunday and I'm hoping to
have D-RATS running on one or two Windows computers.  Unfortunately I
won't see the boxes until the day so they won't have had D-RATS and the
mapping component previously installed on them.  I'm hoping to be able
to load up D-RATS and maps of the area via a USB stick.

If it can't be done for the day (no pressure as there will be plenty of
other things going on) then I can add something to the FeatureRequest
page for future consideration.

Cheers,

Davidt, VK3UR