[drats_users] Forms and File Transfers

Dan Smith
Sun Sep 7 08:11:57 PDT 2008

> Another item tested was image or picture transfers. They worked as
> long as the file was less than 8KB and you click on ORIGINAL size. It
> will not work if you RESIZE the picture.

Just to follow up here, I did some local testing this morning.  I sent a
 couple of files at 50 and 70KB each, as well as a picture with the
resize tool in D-RATS, scaled to about 25KB.  Both went through fine
with pipelining enabled.  So, perhaps you're hitting something a little
more obscure, which I hope the debug log will reveal.

Also, I've posted 0.2.6b2 in the beta directory with some improved
cancel logic.  With this, there are two cancel options.  These are
accessed like before, by right-clicking on the session in the sessions
tab and choosing cancel.

The regular cancel attempts to flush all outstanding blocks and
*cleanly* negotiate a close with the remote side.  This can take ten
seconds or so, depending on where you are in the current block.  The
other is a forced cancel, which does *not* cleanly negotiate the end
with the remote side.  This may result in some confusion of the remote
end until it times out, but it should result in the quickest amount of
time until the transmitter stops.

Also new since 0.2.5 is built-in geocoding.  Go to the Map->Set Marker
tool and see the new "by address" button.  It's rough but it works for
me.  You can thank Dave Cooley for that idea too :)