[drats_users] D-Rats v0.2.5 Latest Version Testing

Dan Smith
Sat Sep 6 17:45:44 PDT 2008

Hi Dennis,

I hope you don't mind me copying the drats_users list on my reply to this.

Dennis Rogers wrote:
> *Are the image file transfers limited to 8k or less like the text
> transfers?

No, they're not intentionally capped.  I've transferred many files much
larger than 8k.  Sending *really* large files is a pretty masochistic
thing to do at 1200 baud, but I haven't had any problems with it.

I suppose I haven't actually tried since I added the pipelined
transfers. so perhaps I introduced a regression.  Can you turn off
pipelined transfers in the main settings and see if that makes a difference?

> Also, there is NO error retry abort with a message saying so. You
> have to shutdown the program, radios, and restart from scratch to
> abort a transfer.

Hmm, that sounds strange.  Can you capture a debug log of the sending
machine and send it to me?

> Can file sizes beyond 8kB be transferred .. say up to 200kB? I see in
> the program where you limit it.

Actually, it doesn't handle wrap-around of the block number yet, so
theoretically transfers are limited to 256 blocks right now, which means
256KB if using regular blocks

Where in the program do you think transfers are limited to 8KB?

> Oh, I almost forgot. No yellow background on the bulletin (NHC/NWS)
> appearred now on the text file or multicast/broadcast transfers. It
> is now readable.

The yellow background indicates text that was received that was not
encapsulated in a proper packet.  This can be from a d*chat user, or
because the block was corrupted.

I can see about adding an option to allow changing the warning color.