[drats_users] D-RATS 0.2.8b1

Terry Breitenfeldt
Tue Oct 28 13:34:33 PDT 2008

Dan,

Last weekend we held a D-rats training session for our RACES group.  I encountered
and interesting problem while trying to send an email via another station.  The other station
didn't have a working internet connection.  I wanted to see what would happen if I sent the other
station an email destined for a hotmail account on the internet.  The other station completely locked up
and we had to kill the D-rats task via Task Manager to free things up.

I was wondering if you've seen this before? Perhaps the session locked up because it couldn't find an internet
connection and kept trying over and over.  Would it be possible add some of sort time out feature if an internet
connection is not found and kick back an error message to the screen?

Thanks,

Terry - N7EXB