[drats_users] Email form comments

Dan Smith
Thu Oct 9 20:58:04 PDT 2008

> 1) Would it be possible allow multiple email addresses on the To: line?
> Perhaps separated by colons?

Um, that's a good question.  I think that I probably don't handle that
properly right now, but it's certainly doable.

> 2) Also, would there be anyway way to display the email Subject line on
> the Forms Manager tab?
>     Right now, when I save an email before sending, it displays:
>     Status=New, ID=email, Last edited=Oct-09-2008,Last Transferred=Never
>     If I save multiple emails, I can't tell them apart.

You can, because you can edit the ID field.  Just click on the "email"
title and you can give it a more descriptive name.  Since all forms
don't have a subject, it's hard to generically map a subject-like field
in the form to the display.  I'll see if I can come up with something
workable though.

> 3)  Is there a way to email some of the other forms?  For example, If I
> wanted email a completed IC-213 form
>      to the EOC, how would I do that?

Well, that's a little harder, but I suppose that I could generate the
HTML of the form that we display in the printable case and email that.
I'd need to prompt for a recipient address (list) though, since the
ICS213 doesn't have such a field (although I guess we could designate
one as such).

Make sure these get on the FeatureRequests page on the site so I don't
lose track of them.  In another of what seems like an endless stream of
booked weekends, I've got family in town starting tommorrow afternoon.
So, it'll be hard to act on any of these immediately.

Thanks for the ideas!