[drats_users] D-RATS 0.2.7b6 config help

John D. Hays
Thu Oct 9 21:33:31 PDT 2008

I remember now, been awhile since I was doing Comcast.

It will work for low volume email from a Comcast assigned IP address,
however, it probably will not work if you are connected to another IP
address without authentication or if you send a bunch of emails in rapid
succession (SPAM fighting).  Also, many MTAs (mail hosts) will not accept
your email from the Comcast Dynamic IP address if you try to send direct
without authentication.

Use the SMTP.COMCAST.NET for low volume, well spaced, emails.
Don't expect your configuration to work if you WiFi in a hotspot or connect
to another network.
Figure out how to authenticate and you may be able to send from WiFi or
other networks.

On Thu, Oct 9, 2008 at 8:07 PM, Terry Breitenfeldt <
tabreitenfeldt at hotmail.com> wrote:

> Good news "smtp.comcast.net"  did work.  I successfully sent an email from
> D-Rats to my hotmail and
> winlink accounts.  I had the TLS field checked, and no SMTP Userid or
> password required.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Terry - N7EXB

John D. Hays K7VE