[drats_users] D-RATS 0.2.7b5 (and MacOS this time)

Dan Smith
Fri Oct 3 19:51:11 PDT 2008

I just posted 0.2.7b5 in the usual spot.

I fixed (kinda) Dave's issue with MIME mail.  The mail thread hunts for
a plaintext MIME part, and if it can't find one, settles for the HTML
one.  The two that he sent me actually look reasonably decent with this
new logic, although there is some additional gorp in the body.

I also added a "packet sniffer" option.  If you turn this on, you'll get
some noise in the main chat window that shows you who the packet is
from, to, the session number, and the size.  I'll extend this later to
decode Control messages to show more of what is going on.  However, you
can at least see that things are going back and forth.

Also in this beta are some improvements to the reporting speed and
quality during session negotiation.  You shouldn't get the "Negotiation
complete" for the first half of the transfer, and you should get a
little more info at the end of a session, like how big the file was.  I
hacked this all together in a short amount of time, mostly while cursing
how messy the session manager has gotten since I wrote it.  So, if there
are some breakages, don't be too surprised, just let me know.

And, perhaps the most important note to a few lurkers on the list: I've
posted a MacOS .app package to match.  I did a little bit of testing
with it, enough to transmit and receive with the radio.  Note that MacOS
users still need to determine the UNIX device name of their serial
adapter, as mentioned on the web page.

Debbie, the printable thing doesn't work in the .app, because the
libxslt is crashing on me.  You may want to try the tarball since you
have an environment setup already, as your libxslt was getting further
than mine.