[drats_users] Trouble Importing csv files into DRATS map

Dave Cooley
Sat Nov 15 16:19:33 PST 2008

I ran across an interesting item while trying to load a csv file into DRATS.
The file had a total of 36 entries (plots) and half would not load. DRATS
skipped 15 in the middle. After deleting and reloading this file several
times I went to the Debug Log and noticed the following message
 "Failed to parse line `HCSO CS TOWN & COUNTRY,#,28.02593,-82.5627,1,,,':
too many values to unpack"
If you notice there are (3) commas at the end of these lines instead of (1).
Although nothing showed up in Excel in these locations something was in
these cells. This may have been the result of inadvertently hitting the
space bar or something but after I deleted the extra columns it loaded fine.
Hopefully this will help others from pulling their hair out;)

73

Dave Cooley
N4DIB