[drats_users] D-RATS 0.2.8b8 GPS

C B
Thu Dec 11 15:57:13 PST 2008

Hey Dan me and Dave have been trying to figure out my situation and we found out whats going on.....  Ok well in the static location that does need to be set to where abouts you could be at.  What goes on is the static loc. is throwing stuff off some how.  What I did was disabled the ext gps on drats and closed program no blue screen.  Next I opened again put in my loc in static loc and then closed no blue screen.  Next I then hooked up gps and stuff and just like magic it all works no more blue screen.  So it had something to do with Static loc and true loc from gps I would say something to that area.

And Thanks Dave N4DIB for help too.
 73,
Cameron
Amateur Radio Op. ( K4ACB )
Saint Petersburg, FL
K4ACB at yahoo.com / KI4VYQ at yahoo.com

________________________________
From: Dan Smith <dsmith at danplanet.com>
To: Discussion of D-RATS <drats_users at lists.danplanet.com>
Sent: Thursday, December 11, 2008 6:05:55 PM
Subject: Re: [drats_users] D-RATS 0.2.8b8 GPS

> I just ran Drats with 91AD hooked up and gps off and I closed drats and
> got blue screen of death.......that is dumping memory..... Is there a
> way to down grade to older ver?

Just go download 0.2.7 and install like normal.  Please verify that the
older version doesn't result in a BSOD and report back.  If it in fact
does not, then I will create a new build on my older machine to see if
it's related to which machine I build on.  I'm definitely not seeing
this on XP (or any other platform for that matter), and the only two
people reporting this are on Vista, so I'm pretty confident that we're
poking a Vista bug with this.

Unfortunately, I don't have a copy of Vista to reproduce this with, so
I'll have to depend on people who do to test various changes.

dsmith#danplanet..com, s/#/@/