[chirp_users] Baofeng UV82 HW?

Jim Unroe
Tue Jan 16 05:06:46 PST 2024

> I was able to download and upload using both choices
> UV 82
> and
> UV 82 HP

When menu 2 [TXP] has 2 choices, use UV-82
When menu 2 [TXP] has 3 choices, use UV-82HP

> The other two UV 82 choices came back with the error  like
> not expected amount of data from radio.

The other 2 choices are for models that have more in common with the
so-called 'waterproof' models.

> So the memories gave me an error about a field that wasn't right, and I okayed that and uploaded without a glitch.
> But there still aren't any memories in the radio.
> But when I download from the radio, they are all there.
> So what would cause this radio to not use the memories?
> It is in channel mode.
> It only goes from 0 to 127.
> Is this a radio issue, or a problem with the IMG?

It is not possible to know for sure without having access to the radio
and/or IMG file. I would suggest that you open a ticket and attach the
IMG file so it can be examined.