[chirp_users] Baofeng UV82 HW?

K0LNY ??
Mon Jan 15 21:21:44 PST 2024

Hello,
I am working on a friend's Baofeng, which lost its memories and was completely reset and he does not know how that happened.
He set it to English again, and all the memories are gone.
So he thought the model is a UV 82 HW
But that is not in the list in Chirp.
I downloaded the latest Chirp tonight.
I was able to download and upload using both choices
UV 82
and
UV 82 HP
The other two UV 82 choices came back with the error  like
not expected amount of data from radio.
So the memories gave me an error about a field that wasn't right, and I okayed that and uploaded without a glitch.
But there still aren't any memories in the radio.
But when I download from the radio, they are all there.
So what would cause this radio to not use the memories?
It is in channel mode.
It only goes from 0 to 127.
Is this a radio issue, or a problem with the IMG?
Thanks
Glenn

A man with a clock always knows what time it is.
A man with two clocks is never sure.
-- A derivative of Segal's law