[chirp_users] Baofeng UV82 HW?

K0LNY ??
Tue Jan 16 12:24:52 PST 2024

Here's a new development, although not a lot more encouraging.
So I got hold of the original IMG file that was made before anything was put
onto it
I uploaded that, and it had all the factory channels on it, it was able to
arrow through them.
So I downloaded from the radio again,  and then I pasted in the fields from
the first CSV file made after first successfully using Chirp to program it.
This uploads to the radio without errors.
But when I change channels, it only reads channel 0.
Hopefully we saved an IMG file after the first Chirp programming occurred,
and not just a CSV file.
Glenn
----- Original Message -----
From: "Jim Unroe" <rock.unroe at gmail.com>
To: "Discussion of CHIRP" <chirp_users at intrepid.danplanet.com>
Sent: Tuesday, January 16, 2024 7:06 AM
Subject: Re: [chirp_users] Baofeng UV82 HW?

> I was able to download and upload using both choices
> UV 82
> and
> UV 82 HP

When menu 2 [TXP] has 2 choices, use UV-82
When menu 2 [TXP] has 3 choices, use UV-82HP

> The other two UV 82 choices came back with the error  like
> not expected amount of data from radio.

The other 2 choices are for models that have more in common with the
so-called 'waterproof' models.

> So the memories gave me an error about a field that wasn't right, and I
> okayed that and uploaded without a glitch.
> But there still aren't any memories in the radio.
> But when I download from the radio, they are all there.
> So what would cause this radio to not use the memories?
> It is in channel mode.
> It only goes from 0 to 127.
> Is this a radio issue, or a problem with the IMG?

It is not possible to know for sure without having access to the radio
and/or IMG file. I would suggest that you open a ticket and attach the
IMG file so it can be examined.