[chirp_users] Icom IC-2100H, Excel spreadsheet, csv files, chirp-next-20240111-win64

Rich NE1EE
Thu Jan 11 08:00:12 PST 2024

On 2024-01-11 10:25:, Nigel A. Gunn  G8IFF/W8IFF wrote:
>Hi Rich
>
>I've probably missed something.
>Why do you need to use CSV files at all?
>If it's multiple radio types, I believe you can import the .img file from one radio into a different radio model.
>The only reason I see to use csv files is if you need to print it to paper.

I am working with folks who find it easier to use the spreadsheet, because they are not chirp users. This really will not be done often, so after this pass is over, and the radios are updated with the same image, we won't be using the spreadsheet or csv files very often.

I use the image files myself, but for others who prefer to use the spreadsheet or csv file, the spreadsheet is definitely much easier for them. Then the only way to get to the images files in chirp is via the csv file.

But that is beside the issue...there seem to be problems with processing csv files...?

~R~