[chirp_users] CHIRP ?

Christopher Knowles cknowles at tiac.net
Sat Feb 10 14:24:30 PST 2024

Because handheld and mobile radios presume the user is in motion and may
not have both hands available, it is helpful to program frequently used
frequencies of repeaters and other stations into the radio.  One way to
do it and the hardest is manually.  Usually the second hardest is using
the software and spreadsheet provided by the manufacturer.  The easiest
is CHIRP.  I've had three handhelds and one mobile radio which I use as
my base station. They are all programmed the same.  If you know how to
use Lotus 1-2-3, Supercalc, or any other spreadsheet program, you can
learn to prepare one spreadsheet covering all of the frequencies you use
and then "cut and paste" that same spreadsheet into the template for any
radio which accepts CHIRP files.  Chris Knowles, WD1E