[chirp_users] CHIRP ?

K0LNY ?? glenn at ervin.email
Sat Feb 10 14:50:05 PST 2024

I would like to make a minor, but important correction to the below:
and then "cut and paste" that same spreadsheet into the template for any
radio which accepts CHIRP files. Chris Knowles,
---
We really never cut and paste, unless we are moving text around in a single
document
"cut and paste" is old-school terminology that came from when we actually
used scissors and cut out things and used glue to paste them somewhere.
The distinction is important in computers, because we usually mean copy and
paste, and when copying files, you can get into trouble cutting and pasting,
and also, if a file is write protected, "cut" will not be an option.
It seems like a trivial difference, but I have seen this become a problem
when some people are getting files from their cloud space.
Glenn