[chirp_users] Linux install instructions, not quite 100%...

Sean Dennis
Thu Sep 14 21:36:20 PDT 2023

On Fri, 15 Sep 2023 01:31:35 +0100
Tony Ling <tonyg7txu at gmail.com> wrote:

> I totally agree, I'm not an expert on Ubuntu by any means, yet if I
> follow the instructions line by line, it fails me almost every time.
> I think Linux installation could be better explained.

Out of curiosity, what step(s) in those instructions "fail [you] every
time"?  I've used CHIRP for many years under several Linux distros such
as Debian, Devuan, Fedora, and Slackware--even FreeBSD with
minor modifications--without issue.  Maybe we can figure out a better
way to do things together.

> Ideally, it would have a apt-get update candidate.

Perhaps you could learn how to build a package under Ubuntu?

The CHIRP developers can always use any help they can get, I'm sure. <G>

73,
Sean KS4TD