[chirp_users] Quansheng UV-K6 scan issue

Ken Hansen
Wed Oct 25 08:40:12 PDT 2023

Hello,

I recently picked up a Quansheng UV-K6 Dual-band HT, and had an issue with scanning memory channels - I just wanted to share my findings here, I've opened a request for Chirp_next to change this.

The issue is that manually programmed channels have a field "scanlists" that is set to "1+2", but new channels added thru chirp_next have this field blank, meaning the channel is not included in channel scanning by default.

To access the "scanlists" setting, you have to enable "extra" settings under the View menu item in chirp_next.

(Inside the radio, the scanlists setting is actually a couple different fields that combine to populate the chirp_next specific "scanlists" setting - there is no "scanlists" setting in the UV-K6 radio.)

I had this issue running chirp_next 20231021.

Ken, N2VIP