[chirp_users] Quansheng UV-K6 scan issue

Jim Unroe
Wed Oct 25 11:30:25 PDT 2023

On Wed, Oct 25, 2023 at 12:10 PM Ken Hansen <ken at n2vip.org> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I recently picked up a Quansheng UV-K6 Dual-band HT, and had an issue with scanning memory channels - I just wanted to share my findings here, I've opened a request for Chirp_next to change this.
>
> The issue is that manually programmed channels have a field "scanlists" that is set to "1+2", but new channels added thru chirp_next have this field blank, meaning the channel is not included in channel scanning by default.

Maybe CHIRP should default to "1+2", as well. I would suggest opening
a ticket to request it.

> To access the "scanlists" setting, you have to enable "extra" settings under the View menu item in chirp_next.

You don't have to enable the "estra" settings. You can right-click the
memory number and choose "Properties" from the list that appears.
After the "Memory Properties" editor opens, choose the "Extra" tab to
find the "Scanlists" setting and change it to suit your needs.

The Memory Properties editor allows you to program commons settings of
multiple memories all at once. Just highlight 2 or more memory rows
before activating the Memory Properties editor. Edit the properties of
the desired settings. Once you click the [ OK ] button all of the
highlighted memories will have been updated accordingly.