[chirp_users] R-tone and C-tone

Tony Ling
Thu Oct 12 11:51:20 PDT 2023

Column 1 , CTCSS or DCS
Column 2, Tx Encoding
Column 3, Rx Decoding

In all my 30 years of PMR and amateur programming, I have only ever come
across one system which did not use a different tone for Tx and Rx, let
alone one which uses a combination of CTCSS / DCS for Tx and Rx.
DCS is frankly not very good, which is why it was not widely used in the
commercial world. It is prone to false triggering. DCS polarity is merely a
numerical compliment and again, negative values are never used in practice.