[chirp_users] Errors when trying to read from Icom IC-92AD

Dan Smith
Fri Jun 16 19:12:49 PDT 2023

> Okay, I thought I read somewhere it was recommended to post here first.  Will do that.

Fair enough. Usage questions here, bugs there :)

> I did post a link to my debug log for the 92AD in my first post - at least, the file created when I ran 'chirp --log'.  I don't have a 'debug.log' being generated in ~/.chirp/.

Please use the debug-log-getter in the help menu. It captures a snapshot and makes sure it's fresh.

> No, I have different cables for the two radios.  The actual Icom serial cable for the 92AD and a third-party USB cable for the F6A.  Both radios exhibit similar behavior when trying to read them in Chirp, so it seems to rule out a cable or configuration problem with the 92AD.  I just noticed that these two radios use "live mode" while the others I've successfully read/programmed all used "clone mode" so thought maybe it was related to that.

Okay, I misunderstood and thought you were saying you were using the same one for both.

> FWIW, this evening I located my old RS92 CD and loaded the software to my Win 10 laptop.  It works perfectly with the 92AD, so at least I do know for sure that the problem isn't with the radio or cable.

Yep, from the log it looks clearly like not a cable problem. I see you opened a bug, thanks, we'll continue there. Please open a *separate* one for the F6 because they're not related.

--Dan