[chirp_users] Can't connect to BTECH UV-25X2-Gen2

Jim Unroe
Sun Jul 16 10:30:02 PDT 2023

On Sun, Jul 16, 2023 at 1:10 PM John Oliver <jnojr1 at gmail.com> wrote:

> They are :-)  The Y cable that came with the radio has RJ45 for the mic, and two different size jacks.  It looks exactly like the two different size jacks on the cable for my other Baofeng, and that cable snaps in.  I literally cannot plug the data jack into the smaller jack... it is too big.

The Y cable that came with the radio is for being able to plug a
typical Kenwood 2-pin style speaker/mic or an APRS cable into the
radio to be used instead of the mic that comes with the radio. It is
not for programming the radio.

Again. The DATA port is on the back of the radio next to the fan. It
is labeled "DATA" above the port. Only this port can be used for
programming.

> And the CIRP I'm running is "CHIRP next-20230712 on Python 3.8.10 wxPython 4.0.7 gtk3 (phoenix) wxWidgets 3.0.4"

Then you should see the "debug" selections in the drop down "Help" menu.