[chirp_users] Trying to get VOX working on an RT20

Jim Unroe
Tue Dec 26 12:00:20 PST 2023

On Tue, Dec 26, 2023 at 12:21 PM K Hindall <khindall at thirteens.net> wrote:

> Update: I am now using CHIRP-next.
>
> But I am completely baffled. The radio is not talking to CHIRP, but I am
> baffled regarding the cable.
>
> Can someone tell me what cable I need to connect from the RT20 to a USB
> 2.0 port?
>
> Thank you!

Any programming cable with a Kenwood style 2-pin plug on the radio end
and a module containing a USB-to-Serial chip on the computer end
should work. It is best to have one using an FTDI style chip because
you can take advantage of the Apple native FTDI driver. Other chip
brands may require the purchase of 3rd party drivers. Here are a few
examples of FTDI chip based programming cables that should work.

https://baofengtech.com/product/pc-03-programming-cable/

https://baofengtech.com/product/pc-03-programming-cable/