[chirp_users] Tyt 9800 Buttons

Rich NE1EE
Sun Aug 20 14:35:55 PDT 2023

On 2023-08-20 21:16:+0000, you wrote:
>There are mutiple refs out there backing up statements in other posts about their
>being used to handle autopatches and repeater management.

Using them is such second nature that I could scarcely believe the thread was not a joke <grin>. That's why I didn't reply.  Turns out the joke's on me. I guess that's how much things have changed over the decades. I haven't use DTMF in a decade or so, and that's all it takes to lose historical relevance, eh? We used them all the time for autopatches and repeater management, as well as remote control of devices, such as on high-altitude balloon missions (30 km).

~R~
73 Rich NE1EE
The Dusty Key
On the banks of the Piscataqua