[chirp_users] Tyt 9800 Importing Problems

K0LNY
Sun Aug 20 15:23:04 PDT 2023

Hi All,
I'm still working on my Tytera 9800.
I have had trouble working on the CSV file of the 227 memories.
My MS Office Excel seems to mess up the fields.
For some reason, my LibreOffice Calc crashes when I open the CSV in there.
I had a portable version of Libre Office, so I installed the full version, and that kept crashing too.
I'm using windows 10.
So I ran Dism with the repair switches, and that didn't find anything.
So I ran SFC and that fixed a problem and I rebooted.
I tried Libre Office again, and it keeps crashing.
I fixed up the CSV in Notepad, making sure to not mess with the commas.
But I need to get the data into Chirp to upload it to the radio.
I installed Open Office, and opened it up in there, but the data does not past into Chirp.
I tried to import the CSV file into Chirp, but it does not find it to be a file it can open.
The error is:
An error has occurred
Unknown File Format
Should Chirp be able to import a CSV file?
I am using Chirp Next from a couple days ago.
Thanks for any suggestions.
Glenn

A man with a clock always knows what time it is.
A man with two clocks is never sure.
-- A derivative of Segal's law