[chirp_users] Using Chirp In The CLI

K0LNY_Glenn
Fri Mar 18 08:43:51 PDT 2022

I forgot to mention, I cannot use a computer directly without audio, because
that is how I use a screenreader.
I forgot that this list has sighted users who may not know why loss of audio
is a problem.
Glenn
----- Original Message -----
From: "K0LNY_Glenn" <glenn at ervin.email>
To: "Discussion of CHIRP" <chirp_users at intrepid.danplanet.com>
Sent: Friday, March 18, 2022 10:36 AM
Subject: [chirp_users] Using Chirp In The CLI

Hi,
For some reason, the audio is out on my Ubuntu in my shack, on the computer
I have connected to my Kenwood TS 2000.
I can SSH into it from elsewhere in the house though.
I have Chirp installed on the computer that is connected to the Kenwood 2K.
I usually install Chirp in the CLI, but I have always used it in the GUI.
So, since for now, I only have use of the computer for programming my radio
via SSH, I'm wondering if there is a way to read and write to the radio via
SSH.
Thanks.

Glenn