[chirp_users] Using Chirp In The CLI

Cinaed Simson
Fri Mar 18 14:17:25 PDT 2022

Hi Glenn - if you can ssh into the computer, then it may be possible to
use the GUI.

I run chirpw on a remote odroid running Debian 9 which still has python
4 installed - and I'm connecting to the odroid from a laptop which is
running the latest version of Debian.

Make sure you're in the "dialout" group and when you ssh into the
machine use "ssh -Y <hostname>".

If you need audio it should be possible with "pluseaudio" plugin.

If you're using a Windows machine as the other machine, then you're
mileage may vary - and it may not work at all.

I don't know anything about how to use Windows
.
-- Cinaed