[chirp_users] vx-6r redux

Dave B
Mon Jul 11 12:33:57 PDT 2022

On 11/07/2022 20:00, chirp_users-request at intrepid.danplanet.com wrote:
> I don't really understand why windows with the latest version would not
> work or mac OS with the latest version would not work. But this old version
> on linux did.

What data lead were you using?   If it uses a Prolific USB-Serial
bridge, it may be an old type of chip, or a clone.  Either way Windows
(and many Mac systems) will not use them.   (Without compromising the
security of your system by blocking automatic updates and then manually
installing an earlier driver suite.)

But Linux (even recent distro's) use them just fine, regardless. Had
similar issues locally, with a group that uses dozens of Baofeng
radios.  All the interface leads used "hookey" chipsets.  A Windows box
and a Mac, both failed.  My old Dell running Mint, "just worked"...

Counterfeit IC's are rife in that part of the gadget after market.

Take care.

Dave G0WBX(G8KBV)

--
Created on and sent from a Unix like PC running and using free and open source software: