[chirp_users] RepeaterBook Queries return No Channels Found

Jim Unroe
Fri Jan 28 12:05:18 PST 2022

Hi Daniel,

On Fri, Jan 28, 2022 at 2:28 PM Daniel Hallmark <ae4on.usa at gmail.com> wrote:

> I am a long-time Chirp user, but I just joined the support list and I don't know if an archive is available.  I apologize if this issue has already been discussed.
>
> Attempts to query RepeaterBook for either political or proximity queries are returning "No channels found" even though I receive results when I run the same queries via the RepeaterBook website.
>
> I have tried both "city, state" and "zipcode" queries for both 2m and 70cm bands with 25 and 50 mile radius on proximity.
> I tried Cumberland County, TN for the political query.
> I tried the queries both with and without a VPN enabled (NordVPN) to rule out network location issues on my end.
>
> In the past I have not had any issues with the query capability.
>
> I am running the latest Mac Unified build "chirp-unified-daily-20220118.app" on a mid-2014 Macbook Pro Retina running Big Sur 11.6.2.
>
> I don't believe the attached radio should make any difference, but I have attached and downloaded from the radio the current configuration for a Baofeng UV-82HP.
>
> Any advice or recommendations would be appreciated.
>
> Thanks,
> Daniel (AE4ON)

Nothing has changed recently regarding RepeaterBook support. Usually
when this happens, this is a RepeaterBook problem. I would suggest
that you contact them.

Also if you have a free RepeaterBook account, you can search on their
website and export the results to a CHIRP compatible CSV file.