[chirp_users] I'm confused

Al Jones
Sat Aug 6 19:11:52 PDT 2022

Attached is an img file from my Baofeng UV82-L  -  this is an older
model before the recent change dictated by the FCC.

Simple question, does anyone see why I and transmit/receive on the HAM
frequencies but receive but not transmit on the GMRS freqs.  I've gone
over this set of freqs till I'm crosseyed and can't see any reason.

Before anyone gets upset, I'm aware of the ramifications of using this
single radio for both HAM and F/GMRS.  I monitor both on my scanner and
reply openly to the hams (I'm KG5HEJ) but a bit more reluctantly to the
GMRS folks (where I'm WQYM836)  (mostly because they're moving through
the area too quickly)

//al