[chirp_users] IMG File Request

K0LNY_Glenn
Sat Aug 6 19:38:22 PDT 2022

Hi,
I have a bTech UV5X3 and it seems all messed up, that is why I acquired it.
I can punch in simplex channels, but I cannot input duplex channels by hand.
Chirp will not read from the radio, and even though it is a tri-band, the
band button only toggles between 2M and 70Cm.
I was able to punch in a 1.5 M frequency and it worked on simplex.
But no matter what I do, Chirp says error reading from radio.
The cable works with the Baofengs I have.
Since the radio isn't toggling to the third band, I'm wondering if someone
flashed it with a UV5R image.
I'm not sure if it would work to upload to the radio with the proper image
if I can't download from it first.
Anyway, if someone has a backed original image of a UV5X3, I would much
appreciate a copy of it if you would.
Glenn