[chirp_users] Kenwood TK-760H Radio Refuse...

Jim Unroe
Wed Mar 17 13:45:41 PDT 2021

On Wed, Mar 17, 2021 at 2:54 PM Mike Allred <mike at mallred.com> wrote:

> Thanks for the response.
>
> From all I read, the TK-760 and the TK-760H are identical except for power
> output.  Screenshots from the OEM Kenwood programming software
> (unfortunately DOS only ) also shows the same selection for the TK-760
> and 760H.  See attached.

And because of its different power levels, it identifies itself to the
software differently than either the TK-760 and TK-760G. CHIRP doesn't
recognize TK-760H because it hasn't been programmed to recognize it yet.

> Of course, I've been selecting TK-760 in Chirp.  But, I also tried 760G
> for grins.

Create a clean debug.log file (Close CHIRP, open CHIRP, attempt a download
to cause the error, close CHIRP) and then attach the debug.log file to a
reply. Maybe what the TK760H is replying with is being captured in the
debug.log and possibly that can be used to "teach" CHIRP how to recognize
your radio.