[chirp_users] Kenwood TK-760H Radio Refuse...

Mike Allred
Wed Mar 17 15:34:22 PDT 2021

Thanks Jim.

I have attached the debug log.

Mike

---- On Wed, 17 Mar 2021 15:45:41 -0500 Jim Unroe <rock.unroe at gmail.com> wrote ----

On Wed, Mar 17, 2021 at 2:54 PM Mike Allred <mailto:mike at mallred.com> wrote:

Thanks for the response.

>From all I read, the TK-760 and the TK-760H are identical except for power output.  Screenshots from the OEM Kenwood programming software (unfortunately DOS only ) also shows the same selection for the TK-760 and 760H.  See attached.

And because of its different power levels, it identifies itself to the software differently than either the TK-760 and TK-760G. CHIRP doesn't recognize TK-760H because it hasn't been programmed to recognize it yet.

Of course, I've been selecting TK-760 in Chirp.  But, I also tried 760G for grins.

Create a clean debug.log file (Close CHIRP, open CHIRP, attempt a download to cause the error, close CHIRP) and then attach the debug.log file to a reply. Maybe what the TK760H is replying with is being captured in the debug.log and possibly that can be used to "teach" CHIRP how to recognize your radio.

Thanks Again,

Mike

mailto:chirp_users at intrepid.danplanet.com

This message was sent to Mike at mailto:mike at mallred.com