[chirp_users] Kenwood TK-760H Radio Refuse...

Mike Allred
Wed Mar 17 11:52:07 PDT 2021

Thanks for the response.

>From all I read, the TK-760 and the TK-760H are identical except for power output.  Screenshots from the OEM Kenwood programming software (unfortunately DOS only ) also shows the same selection for the TK-760 and 760H.  See attached.

Of course, I've been selecting TK-760 in Chirp.  But, I also tried 760G for grins.

Thanks Again,

Mike

---- On Wed, 17 Mar 2021 13:41:00 -0500 Jim Unroe <rock.unroe at gmail.com> wrote ----

On Wed, Mar 17, 2021 at 2:28 PM Mike Allred <mailto:mike at mallred.com> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> New member/user, so apologies if I'm missing something mundane...
>
> I am trying to program a Kenwood TK-760H with Chirp.  I am using a Prolific USB to 6pin cable that is supposedly designed for this radio (and similar).
>
> When I try to download from the radio it appears to partially work.  The display on the radio changes to "- PC -" and shows the PC connection icon in the top left.
>
> However, after a few seconds I get the error message "Radio refuse to enter into program mode after a few tries".
>
> Of course, I never get the configuration from the radio.
>
> Ideas?
>

> Thanks,
> Mike

Hi Mike,

According to the Supported Radio Models list on the CHIRP home page,
CHIRP supports Kenwood TK-760 and TK-760G models. There is no mention
of supporting a TK-760H model. I would suspect that CHIRP is unaware
about that particular model's requirements for initiating the cloning
process.