[chirp_users] Setting CTCSS or Tone Codes

Nigel A. Gunn G8IFF/W8IFF
Tue Jan 5 16:04:40 PST 2021

You need to set to    Tone    to open repeaters. Forget the tone squelch, it's unlikely you have multiple repeaters on one frequency in your area.

>     On 05/01/2021 18:54 John Elliott <kf7mue at gmail.com> wrote:
>

>     I have completed these settings on my HAM radios just fine.  On the two GMRS-V1 and the GMRS 50X1 radios that I have, I was informed by those who have done it, to set the "Tone Mode" to "TSQL", the "Tone" to 141.3 (example), the "ToneSql" to 141.3, and the "Cross Mode" to "Tone->Tone."
>
>     The issue is, whenever I do this, the "Tone Mode" switches from "TSQL" now to "Cross" and the "Tone" is removed along with the "Tone->Tone".
>
>     Can anyone tell me am I setting this up incorrectly?  When uploading it with only the "Tone Mode" to "TSQL" and only the "ToneSql" tone number, leaving the "Cross Mode" blank, the radios will not open the repeaters.
>
>     --
>     Thanks,
>     John KF7MUE
>     GMRS-WRKD607
>

>     _______________________________________________ chirp_users mailing list chirp_users at intrepid.danplanet.com http://intrepid.danplanet.com/mailman/listinfo/chirp_users This message was sent to Nigel Gunn, W8IFF at nigel at ngunn.net To unsubscribe, send an email to chirp_users-unsubscribe at intrepid.danplanet.com

Nigel A. Gunn, ///shoulders.outwards.resolutions   tel +1-937-971-0366
Amateur Radio G8IFF W8IFF and GMRS WRBV701, e-mail nigel at ngunn.net www http://www.ngunn.net