[chirp_users] UV-82 bricked?

Michal Smialowski
Sat Apr 24 05:30:33 PDT 2021

I have a Baofeng UV-82 that was programmed, I downloaded the codeplug,
added a frequency then uploaded the new codeplug to the radio.
When I went to turn the radio back on, there was only a faint display
visible on the top line.
It looks like a series of black rectangles. Doesn't go beyond that, no
channel, no frequency, none of the keys respond. I tried taking the battery
out and turning it back on... no help.
Tried downloading front the radio... nothing.
Is the radio bricked or is there something else that I can try ?
tnx
Mike VE7SML