[chirp_users] Download From Radio under Ubuntu 20.04 error

Robert Withers
Wed Apr 7 13:36:58 PDT 2021

Hi Glenn,

Is what you are speaking of the download and upload of the radio
configuration talking to whatever software is running on the phone?

I want to read /write data to be broadcast over the RF frequency the
radio is set to. I want to intercept the traffic on the computer to run
my own protocol, which may be audio/video but encoded into my protocol.
I am thinking the answer is reading and writing to the tty may work, or
mic input and spk output for audio. But I want data transmission, not
audio.My software currently reads/writes to/from a socket. The read side
of reading from a tty should probably be buffered, somehow. Something to
figure out as I complete my ReedSolomon implementation and fix a few
bugs in my protocol software.

Kindly,
Robert