[chirp_users] Download From Radio under Ubuntu 20.04 error

Glenn K0LNY
Wed Apr 7 07:28:00 PDT 2021

There is upload and download under radio in the menus.
Some radios I've noticed, like the Kenwood TH F6 make changes directly, like
a live connection, and there is no upload or download.
Other radios like the Baofengs use upload and download, so you send or
receive via command.
Glenn
----- Original Message -----
From: "Robert Withers via chirp_users" <chirp_users at intrepid.danplanet.com>
To: "Discussion of CHIRP" <chirp_users at intrepid.danplanet.com>
Sent: Wednesday, April 07, 2021 9:22 AM
Subject: Re: [chirp_users] Download From Radio under Ubuntu 20.04 error

In thinking about this further, does the setup of my radio to my
computer allow data traffic to be read from the radio's tty and
processed by a program on the computer for deserialization/decoding,
then when the computer program wishes to send data I can
serialize/encode traffic and write to the tty? Is that how I can get my
program inserted to operate on data traffic?

I appreciate any guidance in this regard.

Kindly,
Robert