[chirp_users] Baofeng error “radio not responding “

Dean Berglund
Sun Sep 6 17:11:49 PDT 2020

Paul, I just looked up the radio and cable for the radio you are talking
about. Did you install the cable driver software BEFORE plugging in the
USB cable? If not, Windows is probably loading it's own driver. The
cable I see for your radio uses the PL2303 driver. There are some
Generic cables out there and It won't work with the default Windows
driver. All is not lost though, with the cable plugged in, go to the
Device Driver section of your Control Panel and select the com port that
shows up. Select change driver. This is all explained quite well on the
Miklor site so read the section that deals with Generic cables and
drivers. Just try this as a last resort before packing up the radio and
sending it off. I hope this helps. If you lived in the Milwaukee area, I
would be happy to help.
Dean