[chirp_users] Baofeng error “radio not responding “

Jim Unroe
Sun Sep 6 16:49:28 PDT 2020

On Sun, Sep 6, 2020 at 7:06 PM Paul Hansen <paulrhans at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Jim,
>
> Sorry to bother you again.
>
> I  have come to the conclusion that I may have a defective cable or the cable is not seating enough to make sufficient  contact.  I hit the "download from radio" and absolutely nothing happens.  The radio is on and the cable is tightly secured (as much as possible).  The screen remains blank and I don't get a box to enter any other information.  This radio (UV 9R Plus) has a unique cable that differs from other Baofengs.
>
> I'm about ready  to send the radio and cable back and buy a different radio.  I picked this one because it  is waterproof.
>
> You have been very kind with your suggestions.
>
> Thanks again,
> Paul

Paul,

If you choose "Download From Radio" and don't get a "Radio" dialog box
that allows you to choose the Port, Vendor and Model, then you have a
problem with your CHIRP installation. I would uninstall CHIRP, reboot
for good measure, and then install CHIRP again. If you are running
Windows, I would right-click the CHIRP installer file and then choose
"Run as administrator" even if the Windows user is already an
administrator.

And this isn't CHIRP related, but none of the so-called "waterproof"
Baofeng radio models are waterproof. At best they can be described as
water resistant.

Jim