[chirp_users] Setting CIRP to display name

Jim Unroe
Tue Nov 17 12:37:20 PST 2020

Hi Harold,

On Tue, Nov 17, 2020 at 3:23 PM Harold Gray <hlgray14 at gmail.com> wrote:

> My radio is Baofenf UV-5R.  I am learning to use chirp.
> That why I'm puzzled.  I used CHIRP to program my radio and I did tell it to display frequency on A, and name on B.  I got unexpected results in that B seems to be locked on 70CM CA the call frequency.

This is because the top (A) and bottom (B) display lines are
independent. They are not, and can not be, automatically synchronized.

If the top display line is selected (black triangle to the left),
scrolling through the channels only occurs on the A display line. You
have to tap the [A/B] button to select the bottom display line (black
triangle to the left) to enable scrolling on the B display line.